The Art Rosenfeld Award for Energy Efficiency aims to promote innovative research in technologies and policies that will enable a more resource-efficient society.
To this end, the Rosenfeld Fund provides funding to a UC Berkeley graduate student committed to research on energy efficiency. This includes technical, social science and policy research that can lead to reductions in the use of energy. A $10,000 award will be awarded to one graduate student currently enrolled in a Ph.D., Masters, J.D. or professional program at UC Berkeley.
To apply to this fellowship, submit the following materials as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th, 2023:
- Your resume or CV of up to two pages;
- Personal Statement (750-1000 words) describing your background and how you selected a career related to the field of energy efficiency;
- Plan of Action (750-1000 words) describing your academic plans and how the Rosenfeld Award will support, broaden and/or accelerate them.
- December 15, 2022 – Applications open
- March 15, 2023 – Applications close
- April 15, 2023 – Notification of award
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Only current UC Berkeley students enrolled in a Ph.D., Masters, J.D. or professional program are eligible for this award. The selection committee is especially interested in the potential for specific activities in your plan to make a useful contribution to energy efficiency technologies, strategies (including strategies that address behavior), and policies. The successful applicant will be selected for their academic merit, passion, and commitment to pursuing both educational and career paths with a focus on energy efficiency. Heavy weight will be given to the potential of the plan of action to make a contribution in this area.
The Rosenfeld Fund is an endowment managed by the California Institute for Energy and Environment (CIEE) and the UC Berkeley Graduate Assembly (GA) to support Graduate and Professional Students who pursue career paths and educational opportunities in local and global sustainability.
Learn more about the Rosenfeld award and recent recipients »